Wednesday, June 11, 2008

the power of prayer

i consider myself fairly religious, and i pray fairly often (not as often as i should). the other day a friend of mine, who i have never really discussed religion with, had a big test coming up and she told me how nervous she was and i told her that i would pray for her. well, i told her i have an audition today and she said that she would pray for me. that reminded me of when i was in basic training: every night before bed i would pray, and in a bay with 50 other guys, there's not alot of privacy, so most of the guys knew that i praed every night. while i was there i was having a very hard time making the physical fitness standards, not only because I'm not in very good shape, but i had also fractured some bones in both my feet. the instructors were giving me one last chance to pass, and the night before one of the guys came up to me and said "i don't pray very often, but I'm praying for you tonight". all this got me thinking, how wonderful is it thatsomeone care about you enough to ask God himself to intervene on your behalf? it's always hard for me when i see one of my friends in pain, whether it be physically, or emotionally, and there isn't anything i can do, then i remember, there is something i can do, i can pray for them.

No comments: